Merry Christmas, friends!
We had an eventful holiday. First we celebrated dad's birthday at Nana Rita's house (that's dad's mom) and then we spent the night at the Big House with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Maui, Kinsy, Trigger, Jake and Chili! It was a FULL house and none of us got much sleep.
Here are some pictures from dad's birthday celebration with our friends. Dad had a CHEESEcake and I really wanted all that FOOD.
Auntie Sara was a bad influence on Mojo and he stole a few licks of the sauce. Don't worry! The bottle was empty.
These are some pictures of our Christmas togetherness. We got some really pawesome gifts!
Next post I am going to tell you all about the special package that came all the way from Canada for us!
And since it's a special day and we're not doing much of anything right now I am going to let mom take care of a meme she was tagged to do by Ike's mom. Warning: She is kind of a geek.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I really like wrapping but I try to use as little packaging as possible. If we have left over gift bags I use those first.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I am very allergic to pine.
3. When do you put up the tree? The first or second weekend in December.
4. Wreath on your door? I bought one from the neighborhood boy scout this year and I love it. It's real but since it's outside and frozen I can have it!
5. Do you like eggnog? Only soy nog. I've never liked real egg nog.
6. Favourite Christmas gift received as a child? I don't remember many gifts but this cool Lego type toy with little plastic people and a Rainbow Brite I got when I was about 2 years old in New Mexico. It's crazy how clearly I can remember that Christmas. This year I am not a child but Leo and I received a Wii from my parents and that's pretty cool!
7. Easiest person to buy for? It is really fun to shop for Leo and he seems to like the things I get him.
8. Least easiest? My dad. He buys whatever he really wants himself and I can't afford the tools and things that are left over. I usually end up getting him consumables like bourbon.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but they are interesting. My mom has a beautiful ceramic nativity that my grandma made her with a teeny tiny hay bale that I really loved as a kid.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, and only a handful.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my work did a secret Santa gift exchange and I put a lot of effort into my person but all I got was a weird penguin ornament that was obviously used. That was pretty bad.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon), Home Alone and Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but I can't remember a time right now.
15. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? My family used to open them on Christmas Eve night until I started dating Leo. Now I celebrate his birthday with his mom and him on the 24th and we open presents with my family on the 25th.
16. Lights on the tree? Strictly white- no colors!
17. Favourite Christmas song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. I just can't get enough of that song. I also get a kick out of that George Michael song because it is so ridiculous.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to my parents' house about 30 minutes away.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. I had to ask for Leo's help a little (the puggies had no idea).
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A glittery star.
21. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Wild rice, candied yams and anything sweet.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Now that I'm back in retail (between jobs, whatever) for the holidays, people who wait until the last minute to shop and then get pissed off when the store is out of the things they want.
23. Favourite Tree ornament, theme or colour? I like reds and golds and a white moose ornament that says "Jenny" on it.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Turkey and mashed or twice-baked potatoes.
25. Brussels Sprouts - love or hate them? They're alright but I prefer peas or green beans.
26. Favourite accompaniment to the Christmas Pud? I have never had a Christmas Pud. Will someone please tell me what that is?
27. Favourite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night. Just love that melody.
28. Your very Favourite Christmas Thing? Christmas morning and breakfast. I love the family togetherness.
29. A Christmas wish! Health to Kinsy and the family. And to be able to have a family of my own someday!
30. Tag a Seasonal Six – I tag anyone who hasn't done this yet.